Wednesday 3 August 2011

Can you tell what it is yet? Part Deux

Well, here you are - the finished sleeve completed over the course of four evenings. I just couldn't resist adding a few more bits and pieces to it.

I've continued the Mario theme present on the back of the jacket with a block and a vine moving behind the flags, finishing up with a bit of text to give a bit of context to the trip I'm embarking on in just 28 days!

 The final sleeve

To say I've enjoyed the project would be an understatement, but I've also been busy tying up loose ends in regards to the trip. Paid for the RAC breakdown cover today, and I've picked Betty up from the garage. Got the call to say she was ready last night, so that's a one day turn-around for a complete service, front and rear brake rebuild and fluid change. Not normally one for plugs, but Trackside Motorcycles comes highly recommended to any biker in the North East.

I've also been getting parcels! The first aid kit came through yesterday (admittedly not all that exciting), and today the camera arrived. I've not got the SD card through yet so I can't test it out at the moment, but I've had a good hour of geekery fiddling with menus, setting etc, and already fitted what I need to onto my helmet.

After much deliberation I've decided to take the open-face helmet rather than my full-face one. I figure that I'll appear a bit more human to anyone I come across, and communication if / when I get lost will be easier as they'll be able to actually hear what I'm saying (although understanding is something else entirely)...

There have also been some developments regarding the charity aspect of the adventure, but I'll be able to say more about all that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment