Thursday 28 July 2011

A Day of Progress

Fair bit sorted today. Made it over to the garage to get the bike checked over. Few quick inspections later and Betty is declared fit for purpose and perfectly able to handle the trip! I'm heading back down to see them next Saturday to get the fluid levels checked, the front brake cleaned and make sure everything is hunky-dory, but that's all pretty minor work.

Whilst I was at the garage I figured I'd check and see if anyone had any saddlebags or panniers I may be able to "acquire" for a couple of weeks, and it just so happens that one of the mechanics might be able to get hold of a set for me. Should hear from him in a couple of days. Fingers crossed he comes through as this trip is already getting expensive...

Not least because that whimsical £170 bid I put on a Drift HD170 "Action" camera last night has cost me £170. Still, I'm glad I've got it - up to 1080p recording, 1.5" screen, 170ยบ lens, weatherproof and has a remote control to start / stop recordingIt'll also come in handy for regular rides out, along with rock-climbing and archery sessions no doubt. I'll be tracking down an external mic and battery pack to go with it over the next few days so I can document my trip properly as I go. With any luck I should be able to borrow a few high capacity MicroSD cards off my more technologically equipped friends. 

Passport photos and application to be sent off tomorrow and then I can start to think about getting a packing list together! From there I'll be pinning down the exact dates (read: cheapest ferry crossings) of the trip and sorting things like informing the insurance company and RAC as well as making sure my mobile phone and debit card will work when I'm off on my travels!

I have a feeling that this is the easy bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment